Job Vacancy: The Baesh Trust
THE BAESH TRUST
is seeking applications for the role of Clerk to the Trustees
The Baesh Trust owns and looks after the three almshouses situated at the bottom of Cats Hill in Stanstead Abbotts. It is now looking to appoint a new clerk in order to allow Jackie Spencer to retire, after many years of excellent and dedicated service.
The Trust is a registered charity founded in 1638 which owns the Grade II* listed almshouses along with an investment portfolio. Its principal purpose is to provide high quality accommodation at modest cost for those with a connection to Stanstead Abbotts, Great Amwell or surrounding villages.
The role of the Clerk is to administer the business of the Charity including:
- Acting as a point of contact for the residents of the almshouses.
- Liaising with advisors and contractors when improvements or repairs to the buildings are required.
- Preparing the papers for, and taking the minutes of, the Trustees’ meetings.
- Keeping the accounts of the Trust.
An annual honorarium is paid to the Clerk in an amount designed to ensure adequate remuneration for the time taken to manage the Trusts’ affairs.
This role involves a limited number of hours of work each month and would suit someone who is looking for a responsible part-time role and who:
- Is interested in helping to maintain and enhance an historic property.
- Has administrative skills including the ability to undertake simple book-keeping.
- Has the inter-personal skills to act as the principle point of contact between the Trust and the Residents of the Almshouses.
If you are interested in applying, please email Jackie Spencer (Clerk to the Trustees) or Jonathan Trower (Chairman of the Trustees) enclosing a short CV along with a brief note outlining why you are interested in this role and why you think that you might be suited to it.